Tuesday, May 27, 2008

debbie downer.

I don't like not having a plan.
I have always been someone who has to have a plan. Kay has always urged me to be more spontaneous. Sometimes I guess I do enjoy being spontaneous, but most of the time I like to have a plan. I like to know what time we're going out, who's going, where we're meeting, who's driving, when I should be ready.
I had a plan after graduation, and that plan was New York. I had been putting, more or less, all my energy into that plan. Since last fall, and more concretely since January, not a day went by that I didn't think about moving. Maybe I invested too much of myself into something that wasn't tangible to me (it wouldn't be the first time). After all the scheming and dreaming and booking of trips and saving of money, it took about five minutes for the whole thing to go up in smoke.
I guess if I've learned anything, it's not to put all my eggs in one basket, or something like that. I'm stuck here for another year, at least. I've resigned myself to that, but it hasn't been easy. I know New York isn't going anywhere, but at present, neither am I.

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com : background by Tayler : dingbat font TackODing